Frequently Asked Questions
- Professional General Liability and Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy ($10,000,000)
- Private bus transportation and driver between sites
- Accommodations in shared facilities on site (5 nights total) – Phoenix (1 night), Tucson (2 nights), Willcox (1 night), Globe (1 night)
- Custom designed itinerary
- Entrance fees to all program sites and activities listed on the itinerary
- Full time Professional Discovery Expeditions tour escort and astrophysicist and night sky expert
- Most meals: breakfast days 2-6, lunch days 4-5, dinner days 2-4
- All taxes
- All gratuities (tour leaders and driver included)
- Complete tour participant accounting including option to pay by credit card
- Comprehensive Accident, Medical, Liability, and Travel Protection/Cancellation/Interruption Insurance for the Land portion of the trip
- Optional Cancel For Any Reason Insurance – cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive 75% refund
- Airfare and baggage fees (to be purchased at the discretion and responsibility of each participant)
- Airport transfer to first night hotel (complimentary airport shuttle available from hotel upon request)
- Meals day 1 when traveling to Phoenix; lunch days 2-3 & 6; dinners days 5 & 6
- Final night lodging in Phoenix (if necessary) or any additional days one chooses to remain in the area
Please note that most of the observatories are not wheelchair accessible. To fully participate in this program, you must be able to climb two or three flights of stairs, stand in place for extended periods, and walk at least ¼ mile. Additionally, on Day 5, due to the extremely high altitudes at Mt Graham, it is strongly recommended that those with the following diagnosed medical conditions not participate: chronic respiratory disorders, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, chronic bronchitis, congenital heart disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), abnormal heart rhythm – arrhythmia, pregnancy.
Refillable water bottle, good walking shoes. Money for meals not included.
• A full time local interpreter and cultural guide will accompany this trip.
• Remember to bring some cash/credit cards for lunches and additional food/drinks.
• Dietary requirements can be catered for – just let us know when booking.
• This itinerary is entirely flexible and customizable. Simply get in touch with a member of our staff to craft your ideal trip.